Sorrel punch is a popular Jamaican drink. It’s made with hibiscus flowers and has a warm, spicy flavour.
- 45ml Havana Club 3yr Rum
- 125ml CAPI Spicy Ginger Beer
- 10ml Sorrel Punch
- lemon wedge
- fresh mint sprig
- dried hibiscus flowers, handful
- For the Sorrel Punch:
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1/6 cup fresh chopped ginger
- 3 cups water
- Fill a highball glass with ice and add rum.
- Top with 125ml CAPI Spicy Ginger Beer.
- Add a squeeze of lemon wedge and float Sorrel Punch on top.
- Garnish with fresh mint and dried hibiscus.
- To make the Sorrel Punch:
- Add all ingredients except the water in a medium saucepan.
- In separate saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Once at a boil, pour water over dry ingredients and give a stir.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cover and place in refrigerator. Let steep for 2 days.