This outstanding cocktail was one of two drinks that Ric Divola, from Cutler & Co in Melbourne, created in the CAPI Open 2019. Announced the overall winner, check out the drink that won him this well-deserved title.
- 30ml Belvedere vodka
- 30ml plum skin sake
- 30ml lemon juice
- 1/2 blood plum (no skin)
- 60ml CAPI Yuzu
- lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients, except CAPI Yuzu, in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and give a short, sharp shake.
- Add 60ml CAPI Yuzu to a highball glass, and double strain the contents of the shaker into the glass.
- Ice all the way to the top, use a long metal straw, and garnish with a long lemon twist.
- For the plum skin sake:
- Steep the dehydrated skin of 1 blood plum in 65ml Junmai sake for 1 week.
- Strain through a cheese cloth lined tea strainer.
- Store refrigerated.