This elegant and spicy little number evokes the feeling of an afternoon spent basking in the winter sun. Cause a stir at your next dinner party with your very own homemade persimmon simple syrup.
- For the cocktail:
- 40ml gin
- 3/4 cup persimmon simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 egg white
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- crushed ice
- CAPI Ginger Beer
- dried persimmon and star anise, to garnish
- For the syrup:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 persimmons (skin taken off) seeds out, blitzed in the food processor or smashed to a fine pulp
- To make the cocktail:
- Combine gin, simple syrup, egg white, lemon juice in a cocktail shaker and shake hard.
- Add ice to fill half of shaker and shake vigorously for an another minute.
- Pour into a glass with star anise and sliced persimmon.
- Top with CAPI Ginger Beer to finish
- To make the syrup:
- Boil water, sugar and persimmons for about 5 minutes.
- Cool, and then strain through a muslin wrap or sieve. Keep pulp incase you would like to make another batch!