A ripper cocktail crafted by Thomas Opie, from Births and Deaths in Wollongong, for the 2019 CAPI Open, landing him in second place!
- 20ml lime oleosachrum
- 45ml Lilly Pilly shrub
- 5 dashes of Lilly Pilly seed/sesame oil tincture
- 20ml sugar
- Top with CAPI Yuzu
- For the shrub:
- Leave coated de-seeded Lilly Pilly's with 100g sugar, in the fridge overnight.
- After the sugar has extracted some juice, cover the sugared fruit in 200ml apple cider vinegar.
- Leave it for 1 day, shaking every so often.
- For the tincture:
- Cut up Lilly Pilly seeds and place them in a mini bottle. Add 2 drops of sesame oil and pour a high proof spirit over the top.
- Leave for 10 days.
- For the lime oleo:
- Cover lime husks in 100g sugar and shake in a lidded container.
- Leave for 1 week. Half top with water to slightly dilute syrup.
- For the cocktail:
- Build all components in a highball glass.
- Ice, and top with CAPI Yuzu.