How To Self Care With Phoebe Ghorayeb
Wellness, whatever that means to you, can sometimes be easier said than done. Shaking up old habits and introducing new ones is not always as simple as it seems. As a busy mum of three I need to give myself realistic expectations and understand that wellness is not only 3 three hour hikes through the national park or concocting miraculous smoothies using ingredients I can hardly pronounce.
A little self-care can go a long way. Wellness to me is not just the positive impact we can have on our bodies but the positive impacts on our mind too. Below are my summer wellness tips for a healthy body, mind and attitude.
How To Summer Self Care
- Start the day with a song that makes you feel good. It’s scientifically proven that music releases endorphins and stabilizes the immune system. Double whammy! Checkout my playlist for my favourite, nostalgic summer tunes.
- Incorporate beauty and wellness supplements into your current daily habits. For example, almost every morning I make myself a coffee (current habit) and I’ve introduced the addition of my favourite collagen powder, Pearl (new habit) making it easy to stick to. And with the harsh summer sun about to kick in, a little skin boost goes a long way.
- Eat breakfast outside. Not only does shaking up your routine help give you a new perspective but starting the day with nature and fresh air is a great way to centre yourself for the day ahead.
- Eat food that makes you smile. And I mean any food. Of course it’s important to feed your body nutritious food but it’s equally as important to feed your happiness.
- Spend time with people you love and who make you feel good about yourself. In a world where comparison is “king” and social media is the window to fulfilment its vital to take care of your mental wellness by surrounding yourself with those who have your best interest at heart.
- Stay hydrated. I’ve created a refreshing, Fizzy Lemon Lime Margarita mocktail to sip through summer using CAPI’s new Low Sugar Margarita mixer.
With summer the season for sipping, here’s my margarita mocktail. Start with a good sprinkling of coarse pink salt. Grate over a generous helping of lemon zest for added zing, then finish off with a pinch (or two) of your favourite sugar alternative. So pretty!
To make the mocktail throw in a few cubes of ice, add 60ml of soda water, followed by 30ml of CAPI Low Sugar Margarita Mixer. Then shake what your mama gave ya!
Once shaken pour it into your glass. Drop in a dehydrated lime for a bit added sophistication and bottoms up. There you go, my Fizzy Lemon Lime Margarita, perfect for summer.
For The Rim
Pink Himalayan Salt
Your favourite sugar alternative (I used Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Classic)
For The Mocktail
60ml soda water
30ml CAPI Low Sugar Margarita Mixer
A dehydrated lime
As well as tantalizing your tastebuds with my fizzy Margarita, I’ve created an equally fizzy, summertime playlist to feed the soul. Music to make you move, smile and release those much needed endorphins. Think road-trips with the top down, singing into your hairbrush in the privacy of your bedroom and balmy afternoon picnics in the backyard.