The runner up of the 2019 CAPI Open, this was one of Thomas Opie’s incredible cocktail entries.
- 15ml saffron/juniper infused Stolen White Rum
- 10ml Adelaide Hills Bitter Orange
- 20ml echinacea tea infused Antica Formula Vermouth
- 10ml housemade Illawarra plum jam
- 2 drops saline solution
- 30ml CAPI Native Tonic reduction
- Infuse rum with saffron and juniper.
- Steep the echinancea tea in Antica Formula overnight.
- Make a syrup with 1L water and 400g sugar, while steeping 2 cups of Illawarra Plum in the syrup.
- Add half tbsp of pectin to syrup and 100ml lemon juice.
- To make the CAPI Native Tonic reduction, reduce 500ml of CAPI Native to 250ml, adding 1/2 cup white sugar.
- Add all ingredients to a shaker, and shake for 10 seconds.
- Double strain into a Nick and Nora glass.
- Garnish with spritz orange peel and pegged dehydrated orange.